One of our most recent Global Partnerships! We believe in building bridges for youths, across the continents. These same bridges are geared towards creating a unique platform, for our youths; to have their voices heard. We are not the future of tomorrow, we are the future of today, and the guardians of our tomorrow! #yesyouthcan
The Youth Committee for the Italian National Commission for the UNESCO (hereby “Youth Committee”) is a non-profit organization that works to develop UNESCO priorities in the field of education, science, culture, information and communication.
By organizing and promoting projects, values and priorities in local communities, fostering the active participation of youth and enhancing civil society initiatives of national significance, the Youth Committee contributes to the awareness and dissemination of the ideas of UNESCO amongst youth as well as general public, locally and internationally.
Led by a group of young delegates and former trainees of the Italian National Commission, this initiative was founded by:
President: Paolo Petrocelli,
Vice Presidents: Virginia Caimmi and Liliana Mota
General Secretary: Antonio Libonati
Nowadays, the Youth committee counts with over two hundred youth members between 20 and 35 years old and a total of 20 regional representations from whole Italian territory and with a wide range of backgrounds including students, researchers, artists, professionals, managers and entrepreneurs, thus allowing an organic and capillary structure present throughout its territory. The regional representatives will define, lead, develop and implement projects and events in Italy.
- To develop UNESCO priorities in the fields of education, science, culture and communication
- Spreading the ideas and priorities of UNESCO among youth and general public locally, regionally and internationally;
- Unite representatives of different social, age and ethnic groups for following the ideas of humanism tolerance and non-discrimination;
- Publishing and distribution of diverse literature of scientific, cultural and didactic character;
- Organization of didactic courses and camps;
- Organization of and participation in educational, cultural, social and professional international exchanges, seminars and conferences
- Creation of thematic libraries, student and youth organisations in line with the priorities outlined in this statute;
- Development of scientific, cultural and didactic values through the organisation of conferences, exhibitions, seminars and other events;
- Formation and development of the standards of culture and behavior;
- To promote accessibility of the youth population to education and active participation in society.
Major ongoing projects
- Promoting a network of local and regional initiatives at the International Day of Jazz (30th April) and on the International Day of Human Rights (10th December);
- Project “Schools” – awareness raising campaign aiming at expanding the knowledge and understanding of the students about the activities and priorities of UNESCO;
- Project “Culture & Innovation” – creation of a web tool to develop and enhance the material and immaterial Italian cultural heritage in a smart and integrated manner, levering on social inclusion and mainstreaming the views and needs of youth
How to become the NEXT Rotaract Global Model United Nations organizer?
If you want to join us in raising awareness on the role of young people in the decision-making process, if you are willing to commit to the values we are promoting: professionalism, integrity and excellence and if you wish to carry on the legacy of Rotaract Global Model United Nations, we warmly welcome you as the Rotaract Global Model United Nations Ambassador.
Any Rotaract Club is eligible to enter in the competition for organizing the next year’s Rotaract Global Model United Nations. Based on the strategy to promote excellence in education, professionalism in organization and integrity in performance, we aim to carry on this legacy to the future Rotaract Global Model United Nations conferences. In a nutshell, the Ambassador is any Rotaract Club who expresses in written the desire to organize the next Rotaract International Model United Nations.
The Ambassador’s mission and responsibility
The Ambassador’s central mission is to become the organizer of the next Rotaract Global Model United Nations. In order to achieve this goal, the Ambassador has to agree with the following criteria:
- The Ambassador (the Rotaract Club, Rotarian or Rotaractor) agrees to sign a partnership contract with Sofia Serdika Rotaract Club (the organizer of the 2016 edition), under which all duties and responsibilities between the two Clubs are stipulated as noted here.
- The Ambassador must formulate a PR strategy for promoting Sofia Serdika 2016 Rotaract International Model United Nations in their respective countries, networks and contexts.
- The Ambassador is encouraged to attract a culturally diverse group of participants, from all corners of the world to Sofia Serdika 2016. This diversity is going to be one of the most important selection criterion because it will show us how committed you are to this project. More information will be offered upon acceptance of your application.
- The Ambassador is advised to attend this year event, but is not obliged to.
- The Ambassador must reveal creativity, innovation, a team-player spirit and responsibility in respect to this project and the PR strategy submitted to Rotaract Global Model United Nations’ Board of Members and Secretary General.
- The Ambassador must submit a draft project proposal for Rotaract Global Model United Nations 2017 after Sofia Serdika RotaractMUN is officially opened. The proposal must follow the guidelines and vision of this event, but can also add-up its own knowledge and know-how. More information on the project proposal structure is available on request.
- The Ambassador, after the selection procedure, is obliged to join a training session with the previous organizers of the conference (Secretariat and Organizing Committee).
- The selected future organizer will guarantee continuity to RotaractMUN after the 2016 edition and accept the guidance and patronage of Rotaract TEAM Baia Mare. This applies to all future editions.
- Rotaract TEAM Baia Mare reserves the right to participate in all future editions of RotaractMUN as a passive observer giving guidance and advice upon request. This is to ensure high standards and continuity.
- The previous RotaractMUN organizer and secretariat, for example edition 2016, will evaluate and give feedback on the next RotaractMUN project, the 2017 edition, and so on with each subsequent editions.
The Rotaract Global Model United Nations 2017 organizing Rotaract Club will be selected based on the criteria mentioned above and after a public selection process that will take place after the Sofia Serdika Rotaract Global MUN 2016
We are waiting for your enthusiasm and devotion!
Join us in this vision and shape the future of Rotaract Global Model United Nations!